The goal was pretty big, but you knew that you were up for the challenge. It had been a pretty rough six months at work and you had not been able to exercise as much as you wanted during that time, but you have finished a couple of big deadlines and you have decided to recommit yourself to getting back in shape. You have a couple of big hikes planned for the spring, and part of reaching that goal is going to be focusing on daily workouts, including some pretty significant hikes on the weekends. If you reach your goal you will be able to add a couple more major climbs to your list of achievements.
In addition to preparing yourself physically, you have also decided that you are going to invest in some new waterproof walking shoes. In the past you have made the mistake of waiting too long before buying the shoes that you need, so this time you are going to invest in your favorite kind of waterproof walking shoes right away so you can break them in slowly. You will get these shoes before the old pair wear out so you will not need to wear them full time yet. You can wear them part of the time, breaking them in so that when the older pair are no longer supporting your arches the new pair of waterproof walking shoes will be ready to go.
- Generally, if you can get 500 miles out of your footwear, you are doing well.
- Estimates indicate that 20 billion pairs of shoes are produced a year, and unfortunately, roughly 300 million pairs are thrown away each year.
- The number of calories required for a hiker to maintain his or her body weight during a typical day of backpacking is 5,500.
- The 2014 American Camper Report indicated that 40.1 million Americans of the U.S. population over the age of six went camping in the year 2013. This number represents 14%.
- In the year 2014, the average retail price of walking shoes was at $50.71.
- Never underestimate the value of a good pair of comfortable walking boots.
- Getting active is important. In fact, adults need at least two and a half hours a week of aerobic physical activity.
- Only 21% to 34% of U.S. adults meet the public health recommendations, which include exercising five times a week for at least 30 minutes, for physical activity by walking.
- Footwear that is heavy puts an undue burden on you. In fact, carrying an amount of weight on the feet required between 4.7 and 6.4 times as much energy as carrying that same weight on a person’s back.
- Finding the right pair of shoes can make any activity more enjoyable. Waterproof walking shoes, for instance provide both comfort and protection.
- Owning the best pair of shoes can make your weekend hiking goals more attainable.
- Never take a long hike in a brand new pair of shoes. Make sure that you take the time to slowly break in any new pair of shoes.
- Trails can vary. Make sure you are wearing the appropriate kind of footwear for the terrain you will travel.
- Having shoes that fit you well can help you reach your walking and running goals.
- Everyone’s feet are unique.
- Reportedly, walking is the most popular aerobic physical activity. Nearly 60% of adults reported walking for at least 10 minutes in the previous week.
- Instead of waiting until your old shoes wear out, consider buying a new pair ahead of time and breaking them in.
- Get walking! It is a great way to stay fit.
- Hikers often say “a pound on your feet equals five pounds on your back.”
- The weight of shoes exerts a noticeable drain on both your energy and stamina. In fact, shoes might be a bigger drag than you think.
- Finding a shoe that is right for you can take both time and patience.
- One way to stay in shape is to make your workout part of your early morning routine.
- One great pair of shoes can convince you to be a lifetime hiker. A bad pair can make you hate hiking.
- The 150 minutes of recommended activity should be at moderate levels, for example, a fast-paced walk for no less than 10 minutes at a time.
Shop Smart Magazine
Latest posts by Shop Smart Magazine (see all)
- The Latest and Greatest in All Celeb Gossip - January 17, 2018
- How Switching to Reusbale Grocery Bags Can Help the Environment - January 16, 2018
- Archery Supplies and Other Sports Gear Make Popular Gifts - January 6, 2018