If you are interested in opening a spa, you are in good company. Since 2007, worldwide, the market for spa services and wellness options has increased by at least 12% every year. In North America alone, the spa industry brought in about $18.3 in 2013. At least 88% of that market belongs to the United States. Getting spa treatments is a popular thing to do, even in times of economic turmoil. At least 16 million people said that they visited a spa for one service or another in 2016. There is a lot to opening a successful spa business beyond working with the right esthetician equipment company and getting the getting the best types of massage spa equipment. These tips should help get your started with your new and successful spa:
- You need to start with the right location. When you open a spa, the real estate adage, “Location, location, location!” could not be more appropriate. With any retail establishment, finding the best location for foot traffic is one of the most important aspects to opening a new spa. In baseball, they say, “go where the ball is.” In the spa trade, you need to “go where the customers are.” If you are catering your services to women, you should try to find a spot near shops that are frequented by women. This is why you may notice so many day spas in strip or shopping malls. People tend to frequent businesses that are near their homes so make sure you are near the places where your customer base lives.
- Hire the right people to work for you. In addition to having the right certification and license (if needed in your state), you need to get people who are good at working with the public.There are plenty of businesses where the skill level of the staff is the only thing that matters. When you are running a spa, this is not the case. In addition to verifying their credentials and skill level, you need to make sure the people whom you hire share your philosophy when it comes to dealing with the public. The people who work for you become the face of your brand and it does not take a lot to turn people off. One bad review can undo all the work you do with your esthetician equipment company.
- Get the right equipment and tools. Your people need to be skilled but you need to work with the right esthetician equipment company to get the best tools to use on your customers. If you are opening a new spa, having new equipment is really important. Educate your staff on all of your equipment. People are often interested in what kind you use and which esthetician equipment company is the one that you prefer. If your staff cannot answer these questions, people may wonder how well they know how to use it.
- Work on your marketing plan. There are some things that are unique to every kind of business but all need to make sure people know about them. Here are good marketing tips:
- Start with a great website. You need to work with an experienced web design company. This site needs to look great on mobile devices and load almost immediately. You have less than four seconds for your site to load before the visitor gives up and goes someplace else. At the same time, more than half of all internet users access the web from a tablet or smartphone. If your business website is not optimized for mobile, you will lose customers.
- Open up social media channels. Have a Twitter, Instagram and Facebook account. Use these to offer deals, answer questions and interact with your customers. This is a great way to reach out and create a buzz around your brand.
- Host an open house. When you open your business, host a party! This is a good way to bring people in to meet your staff and see what services you provide. It is also a way to get your brand into the newspaper.
Opening any kind of new business takes a lot of work and preparation. Whether it is a spa or a cafe, you need to so your due diligence to be successful.